Thoughts Run Amuck

"Our thoughts take the wildest flight; even at the moment when they should arrange themselves in thoughtful order." ~~Lord Byron

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I like you.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Growth, Change, Risk, the Unknown

"Growth means change,
and change involves risk,
stepping from the known to the unknown."

~author unknown


I love this quote. I love that it describes where I am right now in my life. As I've stated before, I'm definitely in a season of change. And for once, I'm not fighting it. But I'm noticing that it's taking much faith from me. A faith I've never exercised before. Some days are overwhelmingly scary, while others are full of a sweet calm. As I grow I'm seeing so many areas that are changing in me naturally and easy; and other areas that will take a little, okay maybe a lot, of effort from me. Those who know me well, know that change freaks me out. I get all high strung and anxious. I believe that comes from not having control in my life growing up as a child, so I try to control everything I can. Therefore, change for me is a risk. A big one. I've been feeling better about these risks lately. I've still been feeling overwhelmed, but more confident in my risk taking adventures. I know they are forming and fashioning me into what I need to fulfill God's perfect plan for my life. I won't lie, the "unknown" kinda makes me want to run the other way. But, I've decided to retire my running shoes. It's no use running. I always run right back into where I should have been. So instead of taking the scenic route, I should just head right into His plan.

Happy Trails to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home