Thoughts Run Amuck

"Our thoughts take the wildest flight; even at the moment when they should arrange themselves in thoughtful order." ~~Lord Byron

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I like you.

Monday, September 8, 2008

warrior princess

tonight, as i was perusing through the world of facebook, my sweet friend natalie popped up with a little "hello" on facebook chat. and she was commenting on my status that said something about me having the need to be completely honest with people. i've been trying to shed my people pleasing ways. and then we had this jewel of a conversation that went something like this.....

******************************
9:35pmNatalie
i'm all for shootin straight with people. i didn't do that for WAY too many years
9:36pmRaelynn
yeah...i'm in a "tell it like it is" mood these days
9:36pmNatalie
good.
9:36pmNatalie
the world needs to hear it from you straight
9:37pmRaelynn
you think the world needs to hear from me....? i'm not sure they're ready for what the rae has to offer.
9:37pmNatalie
maybe if you unleash it in baby steps we'll be able to handle it
9:38pmRaelynn
oh....just don't attack?
smart thinking
9:38pmNatalie
hee hee
i've always thought that about you...the heart of a warrior princess
9:38pmRaelynn
really?
9:38pmNatalie
totally
9:38pmRaelynn
hmmm....thanks!!
9:39pmNatalie
i'm not sure what your impressions of yourself have been or what people have pigeon holed you as, but you definitely come across as a woman with a heart full of holy fierceness and i mean that in the BEST of ways
******************************

i loved that conversation. actually, it was a well needed conversation. i've been in a deep and sometimes painful growing process in the last few months. i've been purposely trying to shed layers of what i've believed about myself that hasn't been truth or lined up with the word of God; as well as, eliminate the words that bounce around in my head that people have used to stunt my growth.

i loved that she called me a "warrior princess"!! when God speaks to me, sometimes, He calls me princess and the fact that she added "warrior" was a confirmation of what God's been doing in me. He's been changing me--and for once, i'm finally allowing Him. and i've been viewing myself in different ways. and i'm loving it.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

I love this. It means you get to change into what God has for you and are not settling for mediocrity. I have gone through some of that since moving here. It feels so free.. war on, princess... : )

September 24, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home