Thoughts Run Amuck

"Our thoughts take the wildest flight; even at the moment when they should arrange themselves in thoughtful order." ~~Lord Byron

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I like you.

Monday, March 9, 2009

A Favorite Quote

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”


I've always loved this quote. It has come to mind a lot in the past month as God is changing me, yet again. But, I think we are always in a state of change. And as I continue to change and mold into the "Raelynn" God created for His glory, I want to not be afraid of who I am or who God created me to be. It's my desire to let my light shine and manifest the glory of God. As I learn to let go, I'm finding that it's getting easier. The struggles are still there, but I'm learning to "be" and not be so afraid of myself.  And that's a good thing!

2 Comments:

Blogger becca said...

NICE!! Hey where is that quote from? I'd like to share it!

March 10, 2009 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

these are good words for any norwegian to hear!

March 21, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home