Thoughts Run Amuck

"Our thoughts take the wildest flight; even at the moment when they should arrange themselves in thoughtful order." ~~Lord Byron

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I like you.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Love

I've been thinking a lot on LOVE lately.

What is love?
Who is love?
How do we love?
Why do we love?

And I don't mean that fuzzy feeling we get because we really like or are enamored with someone. I mean, really, LOVE. It's so much more than I can imagine. God is showing me more each day that what I know of love is nothing like He gives or shows. True love is so much more than a feeling and He tries to show it to me everyday. I don't notice it often because I'm overwhelmed by the "feelings" of my human limited understanding of love or trapped in the busy-ness of life. My prayer is that I would learn to pause and learn to love how He loves. I believe I would have so much more to give to those around me if I'm working in the fullness and understanding of His love, and not my own.

Just some thoughts running around in my head!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jana Martin said...

A-men to that sista! Beautifully written.

April 8, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home